• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mac Address of Access Point I'm connected to

RzB

Apr 2, 2014
UK
Is there an app that will tell me the Mac address of the Access Point I'm connected to.

I have tried WiFi Analyzer and whilst this is an excellent tool, and shows me lots of information about the local WiFi signals, I can't find which AP I'm actually connected to. Unless I'm missing something.

Thanks,
Roy

Reactions: lyou4083
Svim, many thanks for your help.

I had already tried Fing but was unable to find which device was connected to my Android device.

NetX looks very good. It shows the SSID I'm connected to and the Gateway ip address but no detailed information about the Access Point. No ip or Mac address, or Manufacturer etc...

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Assuming that you're on a network that has just a wireless router or an ISP-supplied modem/router, and not a more extensive network involving a router with multiple access points, the gateway is your wireless access point.

Ahh... No no... Wrong assumption :) I have 5 Access Points - Wireless on the router is actually switched off.

I just want to know which AP I'm connected to.

Thank you for your help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones