• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MacAddress Change random

mlacunza

Lurker
Apr 25, 2011
Hello,
Im new here, but I search before to send this message and I cant found any help here or in google.

So my problem: I have a new chinesse dual sim android 2.2 phone with capacitive screen, it works very well, its a prototype (Engineer sample) model so I cant write the final model number, the cellphone is not rooted. Info about it:
Model number: CA23
Android version: 2.2.1
Kernel: 2.6.35.7-perf

Obviously I cant contact the manufacter :mad:

All are working fine but the Wifi is my problem now, every time I put off/on the wifi connection (to save batery or work with my APN) the engine change the MacAddress!! :thinking: for a new one and like my network have WPA2 with Mac filter active I need to setup everytime the filter for the phone to allow connection.. any way to avoid that?So the cellphone only work with a fixed MacAddress?

Thanks in advance!

Mario

The hell? That shouldn't be possible in the first place. You can't change the MAC address of an Android phone without modifying some core files. That's quite a messed up engineering unit. I doubt anyone will be able to help you. Why on earth do you have such a unit anyway? It sounds like the firmware is incomplete.

Upvote 0
The hell? That shouldn't be possible in the first place. You can't change the MAC address of an Android phone without modifying some core files. That's quite a messed up engineering unit. I doubt anyone will be able to help you. Why on earth do you have such a unit anyway? It sounds like the firmware is incomplete.

Hello,
thanks for your quick response, Im a Linux admin and developer but only an Android user... and I understand about the problem :D and yes I dont know how the phone change in auto the macaddress every time I put off/on the wifi connection, I can return the phone if your advice is that...let me know.

Mario

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones