• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help magic stuck in safe mode ???

sten79

Lurker
Dec 5, 2009
hi, new to this site as never had any problems with my magic till today, my 2 year old to my horror threw it against the wall and the battery etc fell out, Fortunatly when i examined it there was no damage screen wasnt cracked or damaged or anything, however since ive turned it back on theres safe mode in transparetn writing at the bottom left of the screen and the touch screen doesnt work and every time i go into a process such as say contacts , i get the 'the process android.process.acore has stopped please try again ' !!!!
everything works like i say i can go online but obviously without the use of the touch screen i cant type, nor can i send texts due to the lack of touchscreen so what can i do HELP PLEASE !!!!
Or do i have to face facts and get in touch with my insurance ???:mad:

Welcome to AF! :D

nope you shouldn't need to get your insurance involved just yet , A simple turning on and off should do.

But if that doesn't do , The Magic boots into Safe mode by : Pressing the END CALL/POWER button and hold the MENU button". So make sure the Power and menu buttons are not Pushed in or anything {give them a couple of clicks to see if maybe you could loosen the up} , then try giving it a boot

Does this sort it out? :)

Upvote 0
no mate ive tried all this, and the power and menu buttons aretn stuck as if they were i dont think my phone would be fully functional for instance i wouldnt be able to click text messages as the menu or power button being stuck down would stop this happening if u know what i mean , anyways ive turned it on and off many times to no avail and re-checked that no buttons are stuck down so thats the stage we are at , still stuck in safe mode with everything working except the touch screen and cant get into contacts or dialer - please help cant be arsed with sending it off to be fixed/replaced !!!!:thinking:

Upvote 0
Yeah I no what you mean :)

Well , Let's try a factory reset {It's worth a try} :

Turn off your Mobile: Hold HOME + BACK, then briefly touch the END CALL/POWER ON key. This will bring you to the clear data screen , simply press the Trackball {I think , or is it the call button lol} to select yes

Or if you can access the settings while booted:

Settings > SD card & phone storage > Factory data reset > Reset phone > Erase everything

Upvote 0
well i tried your idea i did the first thing u said and when id finished and it was cleared it turned on to a screen saying welcome to htc magic, touch the android to continue which i cant do as the screen still doesnt work so now im stuck on that screen for good ???????? me thinks there is something physically wrong with the touch screen and its time to get in touch with the insurance company ??????:mad:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones