1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

main.out.xml problem

Discussion in 'Android Development' started by alsaket, May 28, 2011.

1. alsaket

alsaket Lurker

Hi all,
    I am new with android and I have faced a problem that I hope you can help me solve. The problem is: I added form widget (button) to "Hello World" application. When I run to launch it in the emulator I get this problem
    [2011-05-29 04:33:43 - HelloWorld] C:\Users\ALSAKET\workspace\HelloWorld\res\layout\main.out.xml:1: error: Error parsing XML: no element found
    [2011-05-29 04:34:24 - HelloWorld] res\layout\main.xml:0: error: Resource entry main is already defined.
    [2011-05-29 04:34:24 - HelloWorld] res\layout\main.out.xml:0: Originally defined here.
    [2011-05-29 04:34:24 - HelloWorld] C:\Users\ALSAKET\workspace\HelloWorld\res\layout\main.out.xml:1: error: Error parsing XML: no element found

Hope I can have someone helps me with this problem.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. james27007

james27007 Look into my Eye

Welcome to Android forums, we are glad you are here. Unfortunately I do not know the answer to your question, but if you check out the Android Applications - Android Forums you may be able to hook up with other application developers for help.

alsaket likes this.
  3. ardchoille

ardchoille Android Expert

Hi and welcome to the forums! We hope you enjoy your stay :)

alsaket likes this.
  4. alsaket

alsaket Lurker

I am sorry for late reply .
    I got the problem source and solved it wanna post to share.
    The problem was when tried to lunch the application make sure u select the root directory. If you select main.xml eclips will create you out.xml , then everytime you try to run you will come out with the message above.
    Delete the file out.xml , make sure you select the root directory for your application, and run as android project.

james27007 likes this.