• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps main.out.xml problem

alsaket

Lurker
May 28, 2011
Hi all,
I am new with android and I have faced a problem that I hope you can help me solve. The problem is: I added form widget (button) to "Hello World" application. When I run to launch it in the emulator I get this problem
[2011-05-29 04:33:43 - HelloWorld] C:\Users\ALSAKET\workspace\HelloWorld\res\layout\main.out.xml:1: error: Error parsing XML: no element found
[2011-05-29 04:34:24 - HelloWorld] res\layout\main.xml:0: error: Resource entry main is already defined.
[2011-05-29 04:34:24 - HelloWorld] res\layout\main.out.xml:0: Originally defined here.
[2011-05-29 04:34:24 - HelloWorld] C:\Users\ALSAKET\workspace\HelloWorld\res\layout\main.out.xml:1: error: Error parsing XML: no element found

Hope I can have someone helps me with this problem.

I am sorry for late reply .
I got the problem source and solved it wanna post to share.
The problem was when tried to lunch the application make sure u select the root directory. If you select main.xml eclips will create you out.xml , then everytime you try to run you will come out with the message above.
Delete the file out.xml , make sure you select the root directory for your application, and run as android project.

Reactions: james27007
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones