• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "Make Bug Report" not working.

KrizzyB

Lurker
Aug 4, 2013
Hello,

I recently updated from an S2 to the S4 and the Tumblr app does this bizarre "jump" when ever I try to hold down the reblog button. The entire screen seems to jump up about half a centimetre and then back down to normal.

Anyway I've been in touch with Tumblr support and they asked that I send them a bug report. When I click the "Make Bug Report" option it tells me it could take some time and be patient, then I click "Report" and wait... but nothing ever happens.

I have left it over night I have left it for a few days but nothing has ever happened.

Any clues?

I had the same problem on my Nexus 7 - here's what works for me:

1) Tap Take Bug Report
2) Take bug report "take a while" popup displays - Tap report
3) After about 30 seconds, the words "bug report captured" appear for about 2 seconds on left side of the top manu bar ( the one with Time and WiFI and other icons.
4) An adroid icon then displays on the left side (where downloads and other status indicators display).
5) Swiping down on those icons displays an item "Bug report captured"
6) Taping on the item brings up a "Complete action using" popup that includes Gmail.
7) Taping the Gmail icon allow you to send the bug report text and its associated screen capture to yourself.

Pretty nice, but very easy to miss.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones