1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Malware pop ups

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Adame123, Aug 3, 2018.

1. Adame123

Adame123 Lurker

For the last day I've been receiving pop ups on my phone regardless of where I am on the phone. If it's locked the code pattern will pop up asif it's trying to activate my phone. I've not installed any new apps recently other than the jurrasic world AR game. The only difference is that I'm connected to a foreign network and I'm overseas currently in Spain, usually from the UK. The pop ups are showing as appearing from YouTube. I've disabled the YouTube app and notifications but it's still happening. I've run a security scan using both the built in software and AVG but it's saying the phone is clean. I'm using a Samsung galaxy s8, unsure of version but there is a linked image. Any information on what causes this or a fix would be helpful. Two of the images below are displaying how the ads are appearing on the phone

Attached Files:

2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Does this happen mainly while you're surfing the internet?

3. Adame123

Adame123 Lurker

It happens periodically when I am doing anything on the phone. I could be on the internet or on an app and it'll happen. It's draining the battery rather fast. 100% To 30 overnight. Checked on app power usage hoping to find the culprit but the highest consumption was 0.2% per hour

4. Adame123

Adame123 Lurker

Sorry didn't see you had said mainly. I don't find it happens any worse when I'm on the internet, it seems to happen just as often when not on it

dontpanicbobby likes this.
  5. Canesfan

Canesfan Android Enthusiast

Consider Maladwarebytes for android on Google Play?

Samsung Galaxy S8 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S8 release date was April 2017. Features and Specs include a 5.8" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8895 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

April 2017
Release Date
Reviews