1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support man I hate google listen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bword, Sep 23, 2010.

1. bword

bword Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 14, 2010
    manufacturing
    CT
    I came from a iphone and thier podcast app was ten fold better than anything Ive seen for a android to this date. Just a simple search in the app and it cant locate half the things I used to listen to on my iphone. I just tried to add this one Stuff They Don't Want You To Know and its (listen) claiming theres no audio files on this site. Maybe im using the wrong link, can someone give me some insight..

Advertisement

2. sremick

sremick Android Expert
    None

Jun 18, 2010
    IT Admin
    USA
    There are better podcast apps than Google Listen. Try BeyondPod.

3. wdsport

wdsport Newbie
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    I tried Listen too, couldn't get it to work right. I'm using DoggCatcher now for podcasts and like it so far (I think it was $2.99, I've had it a couple of weeks).

4. ADPowah

ADPowah Newbie
    None

Jul 26, 2010
    Until I applied the one click lag fix I did not like Listen's performance, while that is not your main issue with this application you may find it easy to navigate if it was moving a lot faster. Also as mentioned above i used BeyondPod for a while and its a nice rrs reader imo.

5. mckooter

mckooter Member
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    yeah i love beyondpod, even the free version is useful, i really didn't need any of the features of the pro version, but paid for it just to support development

6. razholio

razholio Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 25, 2010
    I went from podtrapper on the BB to google listen, and hated it. I went back to versatilemonkey.com (podtrapper dev) and he's got an alpha version for android. I don't have an android phone yet, but podtrapper (alpha or otherwise) will be on of the first apps I install. One note, podtrappers search functionality isn't great, but once you have your podcasts configured in it, the configuration options and feature set is dizzying. You can configure this thing to work *just* how you want it to.

7. bword

bword Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 14, 2010
    manufacturing
    CT
    Let me ask you something guys, say you want to manually add a podcast feed to a app. Is the address supposed to end in XML?

8. bword

bword Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 14, 2010
    manufacturing
    CT
    its not neccesarily a bad app..it just seems like everything I listen to might be itunes exclusive which would suck

9. wdsport

wdsport Newbie
    None

Jul 22, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Hey, great news that Podtrapper might be available to us soon. I'm a former bb-er and it's definitely my most-missed app.

Just saw it's available for sale in the Market, $7.99. I might have to make the switch from Doggcatcher. The one big feature I loved on Podtrapper (haven't found it on Doggcatcher, if it's there I'm overlooking it) is the ability to set the time it automatically updates/downloads podcasts, i.e. to set it to do that in the middle of the night.

10. ageros

ageros Member
    None

Aug 26, 2010
    Computer Repair
    AL
    There are a few podcasts I had on itunes I didn't see anywhere else. I use google reader as an rss aggregator so I have listen integrated in. What I did was open itunes and subscribe to the podcast. I can't remember the exact setting I think it was "view info" or something. One of the right click options will tell you the URL of the podcast. Then I copied that into greader, moved it to the listen folder and it shows up on my phone right away.

11. bword

bword Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 14, 2010
    manufacturing
    CT
    So I found a app called "reader". Its very simple and all you need is the .xml address. I like it so far real basic but gets the job done.

12. bword

bword Android Enthusiast
    None

Sep 14, 2010
    manufacturing
    CT
    Just bought Doggcatcher..its def the best ive used so far. I didnt want to pay for a podcast app but I had no choice.