• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help man I hate google listen

bword

Android Enthusiast
Sep 14, 2010
CT
I came from a iphone and thier podcast app was ten fold better than anything Ive seen for a android to this date. Just a simple search in the app and it cant locate half the things I used to listen to on my iphone. I just tried to add this one Stuff They Don't Want You To Know and its (listen) claiming theres no audio files on this site. Maybe im using the wrong link, can someone give me some insight..

I went from podtrapper on the BB to google listen, and hated it. I went back to versatilemonkey.com (podtrapper dev) and he's got an alpha version for android. I don't have an android phone yet, but podtrapper (alpha or otherwise) will be on of the first apps I install. One note, podtrappers search functionality isn't great, but once you have your podcasts configured in it, the configuration options and feature set is dizzying. You can configure this thing to work *just* how you want it to.

Upvote 0
Hey, great news that Podtrapper might be available to us soon. I'm a former bb-er and it's definitely my most-missed app.

Just saw it's available for sale in the Market, $7.99. I might have to make the switch from Doggcatcher. The one big feature I loved on Podtrapper (haven't found it on Doggcatcher, if it's there I'm overlooking it) is the ability to set the time it automatically updates/downloads podcasts, i.e. to set it to do that in the middle of the night.

Upvote 0
its not neccesarily a bad app..it just seems like everything I listen to might be itunes exclusive which would suck

There are a few podcasts I had on itunes I didn't see anywhere else. I use google reader as an rss aggregator so I have listen integrated in. What I did was open itunes and subscribe to the podcast. I can't remember the exact setting I think it was "view info" or something. One of the right click options will tell you the URL of the podcast. Then I copied that into greader, moved it to the listen folder and it shows up on my phone right away.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones