• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Managing Contacts: Yahoo, Google, Phone, Facebook

ChrisEvo

Sep 2, 2010
I am currently using Yahoo Email and am trying to find a way (if one exists) to manage my Yahoo contacts and google contacts, and facebook contacts all at once. In other words, if I make a change in any of those, the change will automatically get pushed to the others (with the obvious exception of Facebook where the contacts information is controlled by the person, not me).

Intuitively, I would have thought that "linking" the contacts in the phone would do just that, but that doesn't seem to be the case. For example, making a change in Yahoo only pushes that change to the phone if I unsync and resync the contacts using the Yahoo App. Deleting contacts on the phone deletes them from Google, but not Yahoo. Changes made by a user on Facebook to their contact information (say a new cell phone number) shows up on the phone, but doesn't push back to Yahoo or Google (assuming an entry for them exists there).

I use Yahoo for email, which is my preference at this point, so changing to gmail isn't a desirable option. Is there an app out there that does what I'm looking for or a setting (or settings) or steps that could resolve this issue?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones