• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Manual Programming LG Spectrum

Hi,

I'm from Indonesia, i just got VS920 from ebay, and before I was intend to flash this phone to Smartfren, but unfortunately they don't give akey anymore to their customer. Then I try to change from NV to ruim only and it works using smartfren ruim card, and I have 3G data in here. But the problem is in some area where I'm from I can't make call, it replied that I'm dialing wrong number. But if I go to other part in the city and reboot the phone, I can make call. I tried to move my ruim card to other phone it is normal I can make call, but data and SMS is working normal what might be the problem?

I'm trying to connect to qpst it doesn't work, it says unknown so I can't enter the programming menu. When using ruim the PRL sometime it says unknown and sometime it says 40000.

Upvote 0
I'm trying to change the MDN AND MIN but they won't stick. I tried with DFS, CDMA WORKSHOP, and LGNPST. how do I get them to stick? Thanks.

you should change from ruim only to nv only first...then you can write MDN MIN etc...

Never mess the NAM setting when in ruim only mode...I have mine bricked having bootloop after that, now is waiting and searching other method to bring it on again...:thinking:

Reactions: freakboykevin
Upvote 0
Useful Notes

At one time, I accidentally got a Sprint PRL uploaded. While the phone would roam on Sprint, Page Plus does not support that. I will note that the phone tried to do 3G at the time, though it wouldn't work. It's possible that the PRL might have an effect on the phone getting or not getting data.

Also, while the phone says 1X, it does not get data at all. Only talk and text. No mms or data.

Upvote 0
on 4g phones you must switch to nv mode to use 3g on flashed phones.

try this app
LG Android Data Provisioning

if it doesnt allow to change to nv only then try this

Open up CDMA WS and connect to the port with the LG

Go to the "Other" tab and navigate to "R-UIM" then click read.

Change it to "NV Only" and write to phone. It should say Successful

Close out CDMA WS and reboot the phone.

Upvote 0
I'm almost there, but I have ONE problem...

...I can't get 3G to enable. The setting CDMA/EvDO will not stick with V9 software and baseband. It keeps going back to CDMA 1X only

Steps to program with 3G

Get a 3G phone with the same MEID as Spec (this is impossible of course)

Download LGNPST and the vs920 dll. If you don't have Windows XP, you can use Oracle VirtualBox (with the Extension Pack installed!) to run XP.

Install LGNPST in XP. Install DFS Tool demo.

Using DFS, backup NV items on both phones before modification. Remove SIM card from Spec. You will not need it.

Set Debugging Mode for USB in Development Menu, connect as Internet - Ethernet.

On donor phone, do ESN double swap with Spec turned off, and program it OTA with Spec's MEID

Make phone call and start a 3G data session on donor phone.

Plug in donor phone, connect to Serial Port, and read data. Some phones need to be unlocked a special way to get the HA/AAA keys. These are located in NV Item 466, or might be displayed by DFS. In Item 466, the keys are preceded by "10", which is not part of the key.

With all data downloaded (PRL, NAM, Cave key, HA/AAA, username/pass), disconnect the donor phone and power it off. Power on and connect Spec, but first connect with LGNPST. Read the phone data using the SPC button. When Read is finished, disconnect from VirtualBox or close LGNPST, and immediately connect with DFS and write data. You have seconds that you can R/W anything in NV after disconnecting LGNPST.

Disconnect and power off Spec, power on donor phone, connect it to the computer and restore its settings. DO NOT leave it programmed with the Spec information.

Power on Spec, open NAM menu, and set to NV Only and CDMA / EvDO. This last part I can't do on V9 software, and V9 has new baseband so CM10 is broken.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones