• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Market Fix changed my market icon back to original...

Conap

Mar 18, 2010
I had an edited png for the market icon in the vending apk but when I applied my edited png's to Ivans rom with the market fix it seems to have changed the icon back to the original market Icon. When I first loaded the rom it showed my edited png for the market icon but after my first reboot it seems to change the icon back to the original. I assume that the market is updating upon reboot so I pulled the vending apk off my phone and my edited png's are still there but its still showing the original market icon. Anybody else with an edited market icon notice this or any ideas of why its going back to original? I have tried this a couple times and it always updates after first reboot...

nvmd found it right after I posted lol....it seems that it is downloading a new vending apk but installed it in data/app folder instead of system app folder....I always seem to figure out right after i post even though i've been messing with it for a while before this....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones