• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Media Remote for Sony devices

tonyb177

Lurker
Feb 11, 2011

I am trying to operate the Media Remote app that works with Sony devices. I can't register the Droid X to my Blu-Ray player because the app I believe is only the Demo app. When the app opens for the iPhone it starts a Menu that asks you to register the Droid to the Blu-Ray player but for the Droid it is stuck in the demo mode and won

its working for me.
click the settings button (onyour phone) and register for a new device. your bluray player needs to be looking for the media remote as well i think.

Hey mruno - I have a Droid Razr and it's not registering with my Sony blu-ray S580. You say to go to the settings on the phone and "register for a new device". I can't find anyplace in settings to do that.

There's a "device setup" menu item, but it doesn't lead anywhere to register anything (other than new email accounts).

Please help. I really want to get this Media Remote thing running. I HATE the "arrow button" method of trying to spell on the TV!

Thanks,
Jack

Upvote 0

I am trying to operate the Media Remote app that works with Sony devices. I can't register the Droid X to my Blu-Ray player because the app I believe is only the Demo app. When the app opens for the iPhone it starts a Menu that asks you to register the Droid to the Blu-Ray player but for the Droid it is stuck in the demo mode and won

Reactions: KILLAB
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones