• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Memory Card Problem

I've had my Droid X since last September and have never had any problems with it. While playing with my phone today, I got a little card icon pop up in my notification bar that says "SD card blank or has unsupported filesystem" and now I can't access anything that was on my card. In settings I see the options to mount the card or reformat it, but nothing happens when I try to either. I can't even use that camera since it tells me to insert an SD card first. My computer also doesn't recognize the card at all (even when I removed the card and used the card reader in my laptop). Any ideas of what happened or if it's fixable?

I'm figuring the card is useless now but figured I'd ask before I gave up all hope. Also, this is the original 16 GB card that came with the phone.

Same thing happened to mine and a lot of others on here too. There isn't going to be a way to fix it, but you can take it to Verizon and they will give you a new one for free. The card I had that fried itself was a no name card made in Korea. I made sure the new card they gave me was a sandisk. I also started backing up my card to my PC every couple weeks just in case this happens again. Hope that helps sorry about your card.

Reactions: Snrub88
Upvote 0
Same thing happened to mine and a lot of others on here too. There isn't going to be a way to fix it, but you can take it to Verizon and they will give you a new one for free. The card I had that fried itself was a no name card made in Korea. I made sure the new card they gave me was a sandisk. I also started backing up my card to my PC every couple weeks just in case this happens again. Hope that helps sorry about your card.

Thats what I figured, I have the same generic no name card as well. Most of my more important data was backed up so I didn't lose too much, but still a bummer. Good to know Verizon will replace it though. Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones