• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Menu/apps rearranging?

tim1989

Sep 5, 2011
Hi everyone, I have found a problem with my xperia play and I was wondering if anyone else had experienced this before, or had any solutions?

Basically this morning I had an issue typing out SMS messages. Every time I hit the space button the keyboard would minimise and I had to open it back up for every single word I wanted to type. I switched off the device, and then rebooted which seemed to clear the problem. However when I entered the main menu all my apps have rearranged them selves randomly. It has created extra screens (some of which only have 1 or 2 apps on them) and generally shifted everything around.

Im running Android 2.3.3 if this is any help? As far as I am aware there are currently no upgrades available.

Thanks in advance, Tim

Unfortunately there is not currently a way to stop this from happening, though I do also hope this changes with an update in the near future.

I really hope that SE can do something bout this, seeing that my Play restarts itself every few days, and with seven pages of downloaded apps it is really quite troublesome to arrange it everytime. I notice that apps that are saved in the internal memory of the phone does not have rearranging problems? But seeing that the play has a pathetic internal memory it's not much of a help either.

Is the Play supposed to restart every (roughly) a week, or is it just me?

Upvote 0
Don't think with the coming S/W update it would solve this annoying problem. I had the play for 6 months and rearranging the apps to my liking has been like a daily chore for 3 months. Sent the phone back to the dealer they can't address the issue too. Ended up simply by ignoring the situation.

really hope the guys at S.E does a S/W update to solve our misery.

cheers

Upvote 0
SE latest software update 2.3.4 really has solved the apps rearranging problem.

With this new update powering off and on does not rearrange our pre determined apps locations.

They have also included a new free gps nav. app in this update.

Well done to the chaps at SE.

Hey thanks for the information.
But I have a problem with getting the update. My phone runs 2.3.3 and ever since I heard there's an upgrade, I've been trying to get it. I tried going to settings> about phone> software update, but it keeps telling me I have the latest software already. I tried getting it through pc companion, but it can't detect the phone for god-knows-what reason. Is the update limited to only U.S. or some other countries? P.S I live in Singapore.

Upvote 0
Hey thanks for the information.
But I have a problem with getting the update. My phone runs 2.3.3 and ever since I heard there's an upgrade, I've been trying to get it. I tried going to settings> about phone> software update, but it keeps telling me I have the latest software already. I tried getting it through pc companion, but it can't detect the phone for god-knows-what reason. Is the update limited to only U.S. or some other countries? P.S I live in Singapore.

Dude I am not sure about US. My Phone is under Singtel of Spore. So I am sure you will get the updates as well.

I got thru PC companion.

cheers mate

Upvote 0
Dude I am not sure about US. My Phone is under Singtel of Spore. So I am sure you will get the updates as well.

I got thru PC companion.

cheers mate

Hi again!
I sucessfully got the update from PC companion after attempting to connect my phone a billion times, and the rearranging problem is indeed solved. Thanks! (My service provider is also Singtel)

However, I experienced some problems after the update. I found out that some of my images are lost, and even the images that came with the phone are also no longer there, with the exception of one. Although they're not really important, I'd rather not lose them as it would take me quite sometime to find it on the web again. I'm not sure if any music files were lost, as I have quite a number of them, and it's possible a few may have also gone missing without me noticing. Some videos were also lost. Do you have the same problem, or is it just me?

And although I just got the update, and haven't really used it for very long yet, it seems to me that the battery life may have shortened?

Thanks in advance if Raron or anybody can answer my questions.

Upvote 0
Hi again!
I sucessfully got the update from PC companion after attempting to connect my phone a billion times, and the rearranging problem is indeed solved. Thanks! (My service provider is also Singtel)

However, I experienced some problems after the update. I found out that some of my images are lost, and even the images that came with the phone are also no longer there, with the exception of one. Although they're not really important, I'd rather not lose them as it would take me quite sometime to find it on the web again. I'm not sure if any music files were lost, as I have quite a number of them, and it's possible a few may have also gone missing without me noticing. Some videos were also lost. Do you have the same problem, or is it just me?

And although I just got the update, and haven't really used it for very long yet, it seems to me that the battery life may have shortened?

Thanks in advance if Raron or anybody can answer my questions.

Nopes mine does not have any of the above mention problems. All my videos - mp3 music and photos are all intact. Battery faster drain..... have yet to encounter that problem. Only complain after the update is Singtel dump in a few more apps into our already miserable internal memory storage. On the bright side I do like the new 3D style picture and video scrolling that comes with the new update.

cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones