• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] Help with problem plz.

xstation

Android Enthusiast
Aug 3, 2012
I need some of your guys' expertise!!

I have a metropcs CDMA Galaxy S3 CDMA I recently ported my old number to a different carrier and activated a new account with metropcs (which I am going to give my brother)

Before doing this, I made a back up using TWRP. I was on CM11 version 11-20140805-SNAPSHOT-m9-d2lte

This is where the problem is, when I do a factory reset in CM 11, it removes my MDN and MIN, PRL is 0, I can't make a call/use internet/send txt and I have an "R" next to the bars.

I returned to stock and it stays the same (searching for service unknown MDN MSID 1110000000) PRL 0. So I enabled the hidden menu and changed MDN MSID manually, but when the device reboots it reverts to blank MDN and MSID 1110000000

Restoring the backup I made using TWRP restores all my settings and phone service is restored, but so is all my personal information which I want to remove before giving it to my brother.

Any help will be appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones