• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] [ROM][4.2.2] Illusion v2.1 - 7|16|13

The link you provided still said USC after installing ?

X( I flashed the file and it still says Us cellular which I don't mind because you can change it in settings but the MMS isn't working. I looked in the build prop and its changed to metro and everything.. Idk why it isn't working for me if its working for you. What do you think I should do??

What exactly is saying USC ? The only thing I can think of is the notifications drop down because that's framework work, not build prop. Which you can change under status settings.

And honestly I wouldn't know what to tell ya. Best bet is going to uscelluar forums and checking to see if others over there are having same issues as you are.

Reactions: Rooqy
Upvote 0
What exactly is saying USC ? The only thing I can think of is the notifications drop down because that's framework work, not build prop. Which you can change under status settings.

And honestly I wouldn't know what to tell ya. Best bet is going to uscelluar forums and checking to see if others over there are having same issues as you are.

Yes you are correct i meant the notification drop down and I changed it thank you. Ok I'm going to try to reflash it idk if it will do anything but if it still doesn't work ill check the uscelluar forums. Thanks again

Upvote 0
I don't know if something went terribly wrong when I installed the d2mtr version I downloaded from 4 shared or if there is an issue with that versions installation script but I do not have root after installing it. There isn't any superuser or supersu app installed by default as well. Since nobody would be able to make modifications to the build.prop file without root, I know that this is not what others who have installed the d2usc version have encountered. As an FYI I did wrote the dalvik cache, the cache, the system and the data partitions 3 times before installing this ROM.

Upvote 0
I don't know if something went terribly wrong when I installed the d2mtr version I downloaded from 4 shared or if there is an issue with that versions installation script but I do not have root after installing it. There isn't any superuser or supersu app installed by default as well. Since nobody would be able to make modifications to the build.prop file without root, I know that this is not what others who have installed the d2usc version have encountered. As an FYI I did wrote the dalvik cache, the cache, the system and the data partitions 3 times before installing this ROM.

I think you have to go into developer settings and enable root.

Upvote 0

Correct. That is with all 4.3 ROMs. I have 2 suggestions for everyone:

1 - READ! Research what you are flashing. There are multiple issues that are common across just about every 4.3 rom. The MMS issue is not one of them.

2 - I'll repeat that Nicklovell23 has unofficially ported a multitude of AOSP ROMs for the members here. In the last week he has updated some of them. You can always ask him.

Upvote 0

Actually that is not the problem I have run into. Upon further investigation I found that the installer ran into symlink errors and that the installer script ended prematurely with errors. Since It appears that I am the only one that has had this problem I am going to assume that something went horribly wrong with my download of the ROM's zip file. I am going to delete it off of my phone and try re-downloading it to see if that corrects the installer errors I am seeing.

Reactions: confed
Upvote 0
Edit - I wrote this before I had flashed the re-downloaded zip file of this ROM so I was unable to verify if these entries did exist in the build.prop file until just now. They are already there so looks like this is not the fix for those that are having issues with MMS. Since MMS appears to be working for me, I am at the end of my help/suggestions on this issue.

BTW....In the past when I have flashed either a USC or Sprint 4.2 ROM I ensured the following entries were included in the build.prop file....

ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=MetroPCS
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=311660
ro.telephony.default.default_network=8
telephony.lteOnCdmaDevice=1

I had no problems with connecting at 4G LTE or with sending MMS when these entries were in the build.prop file. I have only done this with 4.2 though and am not up to speed enough on the differences between 4.2 and 4.3 to know if these entries still apply with 4.3 ROM's. Hopefully someone with better knowledge of 4.3 can say if this will still work and if these entries are still safe to use. Since I cannot answer that question, make these modifications at your own risk until someone with lots more 4.3 experience can verify if they are still safe to apply to 4.3.

Reactions: confed
Upvote 0
Not ?work for me back to stock rom:eek: uploadfromtaptalk1377738366550.jpg

Upvote 0
Re-downloading the new 4.3 ROM from 4Shared solved my installation issues. Things went much much better with a fresh download. I should have been highly suspect of a corrupt installer script the first time around when it only took about 5 seconds to install the ROM. That is just a little bit too quick. In any case, this was probably just some data corruption that occurred during the download of the file and since re-downloading fixed the errors I had originally run into, the problem is not with the ROM zip file but was the result of some random data corruption. I am actually quite surprised the ROM actually booted after that first install when I later looked at the verbose log file for my second try at installing the original download of the ROM zip file and noticed that there were several symlink errors and the premature installer script error.

Upvote 0
I seem to be having this issue out of nowhere. My phone refuses to play most videos. I tried to workaround this by installing MX player but only when I get the option to use MX player does it work. For example YouTube has its own player and I never get to watch any YouTube videos. I would always get an error. The same with Netflix. It would just load forever.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones