• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS/CDMA] Trying to put my Samsung galaxy s3 from metro in global mode to use it in india

devank

Lurker
Jan 16, 2013
guys , i am a very new member to this site and to android world so bear with me but let me explain my issue...

I have read the complete thread to make s3 a global phone couple of times and i tried atleast 10 times with all the cominations and its not helping....

i have cm 10.1 with todays nightly build and i dont know the steps to make this phone global, i have apn manager and phone info, i can get the option of global under settings but it wont stay there and also i dont get any att singal (i am testing with att) and if i try and look for network manually it says failed...

may be someone can ask me more questions or guide me, i am leaving for india in 4 days and would love to use this phone on 3g and voice with my AIRTEL india number.

thanks all ....
hope to hear from u guys...

hey, actually its not that bad since now i know that no one is able to do it, i have wasted enough time on it and i am going to india anyways , i will try and see if i get any signal over there and post it here but thanks for the reply.

do be careful, if im not mistaken india does have cdma coverage and if you connect via metropcs cdma that could incur roaming charges

Upvote 0
Im in Peru as i type this i tryed it and its a no go i got the APN from the carrier here and it didn't work (movistar & claro) so yeah I was excited in the beginning but once I got here and tryed it the next day and it didnt work pretty much i tryed the whole week and tryed to figure to figure out if I was doing something wrong, oh im stock root (touchwiz)

Reactions: mike28
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones