• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Microsoft and *GASP* APPLE WORKING TOGETHER!

My enemies enemy is my friend. Apple and Microsoft are becoming more like each other every year they are around. The xbox was designed so you have to buy more proprietary crap if you want to change something. Charging $50 for a $6 cable or $150 for a $40 HD? Any inocent bystander can see that there's a new player. Formerly it was apple or MS. Americans love to defend their OS, political party, sports team, car company. But now linux is becoming usable to the average joe people have that choice too. MS first fore most is alienating the youth. Going to bed with the RIAA and MPIA they are introducing copyright protections that people love to hate. Their xbox platform is 4 years in now and the failure rate hasn't gone down much. Last I knew MS still isn't making money on it? And their promise for a new OS for mobile devices 2 years ago has caused many loyalist to become jaded.....

Apple caused one thing. Competition. They released technology with hardware-software that forced everyone else to play or fold. Those that are still in the game are selling hardware that is almost too expensive to turn a profit on. Now apple has to up the entee to stay " revolutionary" but it's no longer possible without writing red.

Google has one ace up it's sleeve with it's advertising. I mean everything with google has advertisements. It's gotten to the point where I wonder if google has a real plan with their android OS other then advertising.

I personally think MS is on a slippery slope. I know most buisness machines run on MS but more and more personal PC's are going to linux. You know one of the arguments of buying mac or PC was cost? It used to be that you could build a PC for about half the price of a mac. If you wanted to change something you changed it. Society has moved to laptops where when it's dated you replace it. MS's OS's are so expensive now that you might as well buy a new laptop every time they release an OS. And then if you want the most up-to-date Office you're so close to the price of a mac that it's no longer an argument.

Right now, it's anyones ball game. With some changes anyone of these three could easily be top dog again. But right now the only one that we know will survive for sure making it into the next round is google.

Ok while I don't believe everything should have drm, gaming consoles and games in general should. Here's why: musicians and the like can make tons of money from concerts, tshirts, commercials etc. Games, on the other hand, only have the one way to make money, (unless you want to pay 20+/mo for xbox live, and a membership is required to be maintained to play your game). So that's that. And even though laptops are becoming more popular, they are a far cry from replacing desktops. So your arguement there is invalid.

Ad since when are you forced to upgrade when a new os is released? Xp is still supported, and its two versions behind. By time you really need to replace the os, you'll need a new machine anyway. So your argument is invalid.

And as for office, same applies. And doesn't mac have office as well? Does mac get new copies of office for free? so if you have to upgrade one, let's be fair and say your need to upgrade the other. So it costs money on both sides. Once again, invalid.

As for linux on pc's, I've yet to see anyone running linux. How many computers do you know that ship with linux?

Upvote 0
They won't use Google and the won't use Bing, they'll even stop using Youtube, they'll switch to like Ask Jeeves. Then iPod and iPhone users will begin to question Apple, they'll think if Apple is against Google so much that they won't use their amazing search engines, what is it that Google has? Then the clouds will part, the sun will shine and Apple users will understand the darkness they've been encapsulated in and come to the light - Google will reign supreme in the technological field! Google will hire more developers for Android to create flawless phones and operating systems move from phones to computers, from computers to cars, from cars to solving world hunger and create world peace! So, Steve Jobs, now you see that Google will always triumph because Apple is dumb.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones