• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Microsoft Word Questions

I'm about to buy my girlfriend a Motorola Xoom for a birthday/anniversary gift. Before I buy it I want to make sure that the Xoom has Microsoft Word/Excel...etc. Also on top of this I need to know if she will be able to go to a website download a document and then work on the document on the tablet and then be able to upload.

I know that the Xoom has QuickOffice but I believe there is a monthly fee. I was wondering is there an official Word document app maybe for a 1 time fee?
Thanks guys for your time.

hi,

there is no monthly fee for quick office. there is a pro version in the market.. its a one time fee.

i personally use documents to go. its a one time fee also.

yes she can go to a website and download a document. however it does depend on the website so if its a website you want a xoom user to test post it here if its a public site. i can test it for you to make sure.

thank you for not choosing the ipad. :p

Upvote 0
lol I'm going to have to show her this because she kept on asking for an ipad 2 and I just told her it's either an android tablet or nothing lol so she caved. Ya I might have to go to a Best Buy and try it out because it's for her school so you need a user name and pw. but thank you it's very much appreciated and idk why i had it stuck in my head that there was a monthly fee of some sort.

Btw along my journey of research I think I read that QuickOffice doesn't allow you to edit or write one the documents that it is only used for reading word documents...I hope I'm wrong on this as well

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
i dont know the answer to that about quickoffice. its preinstalled on the xoom. still docs to go is a much more robust edit suite. i think there is a thread on quickoffice on this forum.

and hahaa.. thats what im talking about!! Android or BUST! my man!!!!!!!

im sure she is a unique lady.. and to be unique you need to stand out from the crowd. shes better off being an android girl than an apple girl like everyone else!

best buy is a great place to test it out. keep this thread updated and post up if you need any more help.

Upvote 0
She's going to drop the class so she no longer wants a xoom...so figures that this whole time I've been playing with one and now I'm going to just get the xoom for myself lol...just wanted to throw this out there I know a guy locally that sells the xoom wifi brand new for $400 so if you're interested let me know and we can figure out a way to get that to you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones