• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories MicroUSB to HDMI cable for Video Out

pablo.station

Apr 22, 2010
Tucson Az
Not sure if anyone has seen this. feel free to delete the thread if this has already been posted..

this will be able to work on the entire SGS line of phones.

microusbhdmi.JPG

Samsung Galaxy S Will Be Able to do MicroUSB to HDMI for Video Out | Android Phone Fans

I learned of this the day after I bought some Nokia TV out jacks lol. I wonder if this will work the same way as the 3.5mm jacks do?? (allowing you to see all your phone on TV)

Not sure, if there is a setting within the phone that lets you display out via usb then maybe. i know that there is a setting for a tv out using the 3.5mm out n the phone...

once I get my hands on this damn phone ill let you know ;)

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
So has anybody tested this cable on a Samsung EPIC 4g? Will it display everything on the phone? including menus and browsers? Or is it just for video output?

Also, any way to connect a full usb keyboard and mouse to an an android phone (beyond the attrix) and use it like a desktop cpu?

Anything coming out that will allow for this?

Upvote 0
So has anybody tested this cable on a Samsung EPIC 4g? Will it display everything on the phone? including menus and browsers? Or is it just for video output?

You have resurrected an ancient thread from before the Epic was launched last year. The short answer is no, this does not work.

Early hopes for an HDMI TV Out function on the Epic were dashed, and that cable never was intended for this phone. If you search the forum you will find many threads about the subject.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones