• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Mirror/clone SD card?

Axilarry

Lurker
Jun 5, 2010
Just rooted my Evo w flipz Fresh 1.0.1. All is wonderful. I have an 8GB micro SD card at the moment, and this ROM comes configured to install apps to the card (vs. internal memory) using apps2sd. The card has been partitioned to have a 32MB swap, a 768MB ext2, and around 6GB for FAT32. So the card is now _very important_, as apps and prolly extensions from the OS are now on it. I'd like to backup to an _exact_ copy of the card. Is there a way using command shell or some other utility to clone/mirror? I would actually like to upgrade to a 16MB card, and keep everything just as it is on my 8MB card (i.e. copy same configuration and end up w 14GB of storage). Any thoughts, pointers or suggestions much appreciated!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones