• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mirror screening novice, help please

kpf22

Lurker
Apr 3, 2023
Hello,

Up till now I was using Windows 10's Desktop Projection to mirror screen to my TV.
- it works phenomenally and I'm happy

However, I have another TV which isn't a smart TV, so I bought an android TV Box.
- The Android Box has a preinstalled Miracast app

I want to know a way to use my regular desktop projection to connect to Miracast but that Miracast asks me to confirm a password or PIN that only I know?
- I do not wish to install another app to my PC
- I am okay with installing apps similar to Miracast on my Android TV Box

On the internet I found various applications like LetsView, Reflector 4, AirServer, Mirroring360, ApowerMirror, ScreenBeam Configurator app, Wi-Fi Direct Password-Protected Transmitter, AnyDesk, Chrome Remote Desktop, Microsoft Remote Desktop, Miracast Widget & Shortcut app, Miracast Screen Sharing App, Connectify Hotspot, but I fail to realize the potential of all these and which one to pick based on details and preferences (the less clutter, the better. I only need the password protection option).

Is there any app that I can only install to my Android Box and use regular Windows 10 Desktop Projection to connect to it, but that it asks me for a PIN that I have to enter on the device which I am using to connect to that Android Box (in this case laptop)?
If not, what is the closest and simplest (possibly free) alternative?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones