• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root missing something?

Thanks - There seems to be almost no information about the HD+, which is very strange for a tablet which has been available for a month or so now. Usually there would have been detailed specs, some professional reviews, and at least a few user reviews by now. So far, nothing.Even this forum, supposedly devoted to the HD+, has nothing in it. It makes me think the HD+ is "problematic" at best, or the equivalent of vaporware, at worst. Too bad. The concept is a good one.

Upvote 0
1 search gives me tons of reviews. Here's the few at the top of the list:

Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ Review - Watch CNET's Video Review

Barnes & Noble Nook HD and HD+ hands-on review ? Reg Hardware

Nook HD+ review: Hands-on | T3

Barnes and Noble Nook Tablet HD+ Review | Good E-Reader - ebook Reader and Digital Publishing News

Hands On: Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Can't say I'm not surprised that it isn't hacked yet. B&N probably took a few more steps to keep them locked down than the last gen tablets so it'll be a while before that info gets on here. XDA Developers is the site that will have any rooting or unlocking info first since that is where the hackers post. I feel this site is geared to the majority of the public instead of the uber-techie.

Forums for new devices are usually pre-made before the device is released so it is pretty common to see brand new devices with little or no comments until a good chunk of the public has them. They've been out for about 30 days as of today which is a quick time to see a cracked OS or root option.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones