1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Root missing something?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bill hansen, Nov 29, 2012.

1. bill hansen

bill hansen Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Male
    central NY state USA
    I'm looking for reviews (professional or user reviews) of the Nook HD+. I'm also looking for discussions of rooting the HD+, and the experience of those who have rooted it. There's an Android forum named "Nook HD+..." but if it has content, I'm missing that too. Can someone point to me to reviews, or to experience with rooting this reader/tablet?

Advertisement

2. bill hansen

bill hansen Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Male
    central NY state USA
    Title should have been "Nook HD+ - missing someething"

3. annebrooks64

annebrooks64 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2012
    I'm not sure where on the forums to look for this but I read an article on CNet about rooting nook tablets. I'm sorry I don't have the link for it though.

4. bill hansen

bill hansen Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Male
    central NY state USA
    Thanks - There seems to be almost no information about the HD+, which is very strange for a tablet which has been available for a month or so now. Usually there would have been detailed specs, some professional reviews, and at least a few user reviews by now. So far, nothing.Even this forum, supposedly devoted to the HD+, has nothing in it. It makes me think the HD+ is "problematic" at best, or the equivalent of vaporware, at worst. Too bad. The concept is a good one.

5. ChudleyOne

ChudleyOne Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Glendale, AZ
    1 search gives me tons of reviews. Here's the few at the top of the list:

Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ Review - Watch CNET's Video Review

Barnes & Noble Nook HD and HD+ hands-on review ? Reg Hardware

Nook HD+ review: Hands-on | T3

Barnes and Noble Nook Tablet HD+ Review | Good E-Reader - ebook Reader and Digital Publishing News

Hands On: Barnes & Noble Nook HD+ | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Can't say I'm not surprised that it isn't hacked yet. B&N probably took a few more steps to keep them locked down than the last gen tablets so it'll be a while before that info gets on here. XDA Developers is the site that will have any rooting or unlocking info first since that is where the hackers post. I feel this site is geared to the majority of the public instead of the uber-techie.

Forums for new devices are usually pre-made before the device is released so it is pretty common to see brand new devices with little or no comments until a good chunk of the public has them. They've been out for about 30 days as of today which is a quick time to see a cracked OS or root option.

6. bill hansen

bill hansen Member

Nov 28, 2012
    Male
    central NY state USA
    Thanks Chudley One - I'll be watching the xda forums, and I agree that the posts there are a few levels above my own technological competence. There seems to be a much easier procedure for rooting the Kindle Fire. Maybe that's the route I should go.

7. Topken

Topken Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2011
    There has been some work done with opening up the new nooks but since the xda staff havent made a sub forum for them yet the threads that were around have all been closed up by the staff. Check the Nook Colour sub forum over on xda for what I mean.

8. ChudleyOne

ChudleyOne Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2010
    Glendale, AZ
    Root is available & there has been success in putting CyanogenMod10 on the NookHD+ & NookHD on the XDA site. Still not very user friendly instructions but it should only be 1-2 weeks before it's a downloadable zip file to put on a memory card & have an unlocked, full featured tablet.

9. kane100574

kane100574 New Member

Dec 15, 2012
    Yeah, i need an idiot guide for my nook hd+ would love jellybean on it.

10. big_mike

big_mike Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2010
    Male
    Head Chef
    Worcester, UK
    google N2A card. makes it so easy to get jb on a nook!