• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help missing users option

hi,

I received my new Nexus 10 2 days ago in remarkably quick time. Great!
There are always issues and currently my biggest issue relates to one of the main reasons for preferring the Nexus over the competition ie add extra users with their own interface.
From what I have read the 'users' option is under Device in Settings. Well, it ain't there and I cannot find it anywhere else. Very annoying.
I don't know enough about Android to delve and understand what is going on. Support for this device appears sparce so I turn to you guys for knowledge I hope!
I wander if I have the correct version of the OS? For instance when I pull up the Guardian(UK newspaper) web page I get one for mobile devices. I don't remember that happening on a friends ipad.
Any ideas anyone?

Welcome to the forums Jim :ciao:

I've never needed or tried multiple users. Here is a video that may help.

To get a site in desktop mode as opposed to mobile, you need to change that in the settings in the browser. I'm not at mine so I can't tell you exactly where to look.

As to the version of the OS, look in settings>about tablet> you should have Android version 4.2.1

Reactions: Caveman419
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones