• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MIUI/CM7 show off your theme thread

Aggie12

Android Expert
Jul 19, 2010
Planet Earth
So with the addition of MIUI and CM7 I thought we should have a thread that we can use to show off our themes with these ROMs because there are so many of them. CM7 will be an easier one to deal with. Just post the pictures you think highlight the theme your using. Please give the name of the theme you're using as well. With MIUI it will be a bit harder. I would suggest getting a screen cap of the theme manager "edit theme" page so others can see which components you're using since trying to type the chinese characters will be difficult. . .

The main reason I'm creating this thread is so we can see what others have and use that as inspiration. If you upload your pictures to a hosting site please be sure to resize them to a reasonable size. And if you want to quote someone to ask about one of their pics please remove the pics that aren't necessary from the quoted section otherwise it will be a nightmare.

jhtv87.jpg
2zpo26c.jpg
rhucdu.jpg
259zoyd.jpg

rw6wd0.jpg
15gbj1x.jpg
20kzxc1.jpg
6q8iuo.jpg

Finally you start this topoic, I thought you had forgotten about it already :D

I'll update this post later with the theme of my Choice (you know what it is already, don't you?) :D:D:D

hahaha I didn't forget I just haven't had much time to take screenies and upload to tinypic lol. And I'm drawing a blank on which theme you're using. :p I kid I kid.

Upvote 0
Maybe I am wrong, but I have never seen an iPhone look like this. I am still on the stock launcher and just have all the apps in folders. Before this when I used GoLauncher I had all my apps in folder in the app drawer anyway. I love being able to mix and match the themes and just tweak it all.

Thats a nice looking setup you have there. I really like your settings menus with its background. What part of the theme controls that?? And what is that sweet looking graphical display of temp and weather you have there?

Upvote 0
Thats a nice looking setup you have there. I really like your settings menus with its background. What part of the theme controls that?? And what is that sweet looking graphical display of temp and weather you have there?

Thanks, the main theme set-up is hy5.8. This is the menus and menu background. The texting thread screen is really nice looking with this as well.

For the weather widget that is Aix Weather.
https://market.android.com/details?id=net.veierland.aix&feature=search_result

Reactions: Aggie12
Upvote 0
How are you guys taking screen caps without the "drocap has been granted superuser permissions" popping up?

In MIUI it is a built in feature and you don't need an app to do it. It is volume down and the menu button at the same time and it takes a screen shoot. I know on CM7 there is an option on the power down screen to take a screen shoot too.

Upvote 0
I was poking fun at Aggie's setup :p

Kev yours looks pretty nice, as does that weather app :) thanks for posting the link and the theme setting pic, i hadnt seen that until now.

Not a problem. I just have seen too many people writing off MIUI because of the Iphone look. The battery is not the best, but it works for me, but the rest is the best ROM that I have ever used. To me it has taken the couple things that iOS has done write and put those on Android with everything that Android does right.

I am just waiting for a more finished version of it gets done for the D2G for my wife, she is asking me everyday when she can have this on her phone.

Upvote 0
Not a problem. I just have seen too many people writing off MIUI because of the Iphone look. The battery is not the best, but it works for me, but the rest is the best ROM that I have ever used. To me it has taken the couple things that iOS has done write and put those on Android with everything that Android does right.

I am just waiting for a more finished version of it gets done for the D2G for my wife, she is asking me everyday when she can have this on her phone.

So true. Its the best of both worlds. And what do you expect Gandalf, I do everything from my macbook pro so I am a little partial to apple. Please no throwing of the tomatoes or rather rotten apples lol.

Does anyone know how to get the time centered on the pull down?? Dunno if this was part of a theme or a mod but I think it would be a theme

Upvote 0
So true. Its the best of both worlds. And what do you expect Gandalf, I do everything from my macbook pro so I am a little partial to apple. Please no throwing of the tomatoes or rather rotten apples lol.

Does anyone know how to get the time centered on the pull down?? Dunno if this was part of a theme or a mod but I think it would be a theme

I believe it was this mod, it's one of the things I saw when browsing that is reaaally enticing me to this rom. (Apparently I like shiny things. :rolleyes:)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones