• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MIUI] PatchROM

Dr0idWhisperer

Android Enthusiast
Apr 14, 2012
Central Florida
Has anyone seen this yet? It looks pretty cool if one could get it to work. I tried it using broken out as a base and the only things I could get to recompile is camera.apk DownloadProvider.apk android.policy.jar and one other one I dont remember then it errored out on framework.apk. It recommends a stock AOSP base but I have been unable to get my phone back to stock (tried the guide for copying the files with AC and that did nothing and LGNPST seems to be no longer working with my system ATM) so that I can try it with stock or rebuild an AOSP. Im still very much in the learning process of working with android in Linux and being as Im at a point of being stuck I thought I would share this with everyone here and see if maybe some of the other devs would like to try or assist with...well maybe let me assist them because as I said Im still learning. Well anyways, here is the guide for this that I found most useful (apparently the orignal guide by MIUI is written in Japanese) for everyone to look at:

XDA GUIDE: MIUI PATCHROM

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones