• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MIUI Update?

fusionice

Oct 19, 2011
Would anyone out there be willing to make an MIUI update? (v2, Gingerbread)

I feel like the stability + looks of this ROM makes it the best out there (besides from a future CM9 with a working camera...)

All I would be asking - nicely of course - is for the final MIUI v2 build with any new CM7 fixes (GPS fixes in particular would be awesome) and maybe working sliding notifications?

:rolleyes: hopeful...

Would anyone out there be willing to make an MIUI update? (v2, Gingerbread)

I feel like the stability + looks of this ROM makes it the best out there (besides from a future CM9 with a working camera...)

All I would be asking - nicely of course - is for the final MIUI v2 build with any new CM7 fixes (GPS fixes in particular would be awesome) and maybe working sliding notifications?

:rolleyes: hopeful...

The MIUI is a port, not a built ROM. As such we can't just pull in the changes. I think there is a source code setup for it, but I don't know it. Maybe an aspiring DEV will take it up. If so, I could lend a hand (maybe).

Upvote 0
i would try but i ruined one phone already trying to update stuff...its defiantly very hard...i get on my knees and bow.. believe me it is very hard work on these roms and learning all the new programing stuff..i commend all the hard work an time these people put into this...how the hell do you have an life...lol...thank you to all the devs on every board doing these

Upvote 0
i would try but i ruined one phone already trying to update stuff...its defiantly very hard...i get on my knees and bow.. believe me it is very hard work on these roms and learning all the new programing stuff..i commend all the hard work an time these people put into this...how the hell do you have an life...lol...thank you to all the devs on every board doing these

That's why I can only devote up to 2 hours a nite to it. That's if my girls go to bed early enough.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones