• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Miui v4 4-20.... :)

i need some help with this rom.

i was using a galaxy nexus for a while so im out of the loop.

i downloaded it and followed the flash instructions. got stuck at the red "M" so i sbf'ed back to .602 and tried again. and the same thing happed.

so im on a fresh .602 right now and ill wait to see what you guys have to say before i try again.

Upvote 0
DL your rom again. Make sure it's the proper version for your device and rom version. Make sure you test it with Winzip or WinRar before flashing it.

You might also add formatting system to your wipes (data, cache, Dalvik). Most roms will also wipe it. Read the original post for your rom. Sometimes they want you to do weird things like mount system, format system, then install the rom.

Make sure you wait 10 minutes before you assume it's looping. This isn't as fast as your Nexus.

I haven't installed MIUI in the last 3 weeks, since moving on to a new phone, but it was my main rom for several months prior to that.

Upvote 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by meckert15834
up and running thanks guys.
Care to share how you got it to work? I tried to flash it the other night and ended up sbfing and restoring my current rom. TIA

Double check your zip file with winzip. The re wipe data, wipe cache, and wipe davlik. Download the latest clockwork you can. Flash, and wipe everything AGAIN. Be sure to give it at least 10 minutes on the first boot.

Upvote 0
Care to share how you got it to work? I tried to flash it the other night and ended up sbfing and restoring my current rom. TIA

Hi Svensett.

Where you coming from .602 or .605 rom? Should be just a matter of doing this:

DL your rom again. Make sure it's the proper version for your device and rom version. Make sure you test it with Winzip or WinRar before flashing it.

You might also add formatting system to your wipes (data, cache, Dalvik). Most roms will also wipe it. Read the original post for your rom. Sometimes they want you to do weird things like mount system, format system, then install the rom.

Make sure you wait 10 minutes before you assume it's looping.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones