1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Miui v4 4-20.... :)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Droidxxxxx, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Droidxxxxx

Droidxxxxx Well-Known Member

Downloading now off CWM.

bubbaken likes this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Droidxxxxx

Digging it so far..:). I see the panoramic camera has been added, will test it today.. I've had this running all night..seems very smooth.

3. bubbaken

bubbaken Well-Known Member

4. meckert15834

meckert15834 Well-Known Member

i need some help with this rom.

i was using a galaxy nexus for a while so im out of the loop.

i downloaded it and followed the flash instructions. got stuck at the red "M" so i sbf'ed back to .602 and tried again. and the same thing happed.

so im on a fresh .602 right now and ill wait to see what you guys have to say before i try again.

5. WhoDoo Voodoo

WhoDoo Voodoo Android Enthusiast

Make sure you wipe data, cache, and davlik.

6. colchiro

colchiro Extreme Android User

+1 ^^^^^^^

7. meckert15834

did all of that.

once i get stuck at the logo i cant even boot into stock recovery or clockwork so my only option is to sbf

8. colchiro

DL your rom again. Make sure it's the proper version for your device and rom version. Make sure you test it with Winzip or WinRar before flashing it.

You might also add formatting system to your wipes (data, cache, Dalvik). Most roms will also wipe it. Read the original post for your rom. Sometimes they want you to do weird things like mount system, format system, then install the rom.

Make sure you wait 10 minutes before you assume it's looping. This isn't as fast as your Nexus.

I haven't installed MIUI in the last 3 weeks, since moving on to a new phone, but it was my main rom for several months prior to that.

9. meckert15834

will give it a shot tomorrow and report back.

thanks for the help

10. meckert15834

up and running thanks guys.

colchiro likes this.
  11. colchiro

Did you figure out what went wrong?

12. bubbaken

bubbaken Well-Known Member

A very respectful ROM (to say the least) but I did slide back to the good life (YACK)

BubbaKen ----> :knuddel: <---- YACK

13. Droidxxxxx

I enjoyed it..had to go back as well..I'm bouncing from cyano7 and miui 4-5-12..both rock solid..I need working Bluetooth for phone calls..that's the only reason I switched back..they are definitely getting there with it..keep up the good work fellas..:)

14. svensett

svensett Android Enthusiast

Care to share how you got it to work? I tried to flash it the other night and ended up sbfing and restoring my current rom. TIA

15. WhoDoo Voodoo

WhoDoo Voodoo Android Enthusiast

Quote:
    Originally Posted by meckert15834
    up and running thanks guys.
    Care to share how you got it to work? I tried to flash it the other night and ended up sbfing and restoring my current rom. TIA

Double check your zip file with winzip. The re wipe data, wipe cache, and wipe davlik. Download the latest clockwork you can. Flash, and wipe everything AGAIN. Be sure to give it at least 10 minutes on the first boot.

16. colchiro

Hi Svensett.

Where you coming from .602 or .605 rom? Should be just a matter of doing this:

17. svensett

svensett Android Enthusiast

I'm guessing I missed the wait 10 minutes step, and ASSumed a bootloop... I'll give it another try when I get a chance.

18. colchiro

Best to go reroof the house or something instead of watching it start up. It's painful. :D

Motorola Droid X Forum

The Motorola Droid X release date was July 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, TI OMAP3630 processor, and 1540mAh battery.

July 2010
Release Date
Reviews