1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Miui

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Egofury, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Egofury

Egofury Newbie

Is it possible to get this rom on our device I think the lg revolution has it can we port from it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. MrB206

MrB206 Android Expert

I can probably do a bin kang of Miui if people are interested.

3. MrB206

MrB206 Android Expert

BTW, you'll have to post a link to where you found it. All I can find are talk of 'ports' (more likely bin kangs) of Miui from the Optimus to Revo, but those were only requests, not rom posts.

4. Egofury

Egofury Newbie

My bad I thought they had a port of it.

5. Egofury

Egofury Newbie

Would this help http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1588360
    [rom][port][gb]miui, v-1.0 2.3.30

6. MrB206

MrB206 Android Expert

Not really... That's a port. I can give it a try, but no guarantees.

7. sosaudio1

sosaudio1 Android Enthusiast

Any more news on this? I have seen it in action and I must say....WOW!

8. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique

Moved to All things Root.

9. bones420la

bones420la Android Enthusiast

weblexa(official fascinate miui dev) was telling me if you were to port any gb miui build to do 1.12.9 from what he said its the latest working build for cdma... anything newer throws random phone fc's

10. MrB206

MrB206 Android Expert

I tried... The libs for our device aren't working with roms. None of the ported roms would flash, so I gave up.

11. bones420la

Can you pm me a link to the cm7 build you tried to make? I'm gonna do some toying around with it

12. bones420la

i doubt we will get miui... atleast until we get ics.. then maybe someone can get miuiv4 ported...

but if you want the miui feel you could do like im doing...

-milocker - has all the miui lockscreen themes
    -exdialer - miui styled dialer/contacts
    -go launcher - i placed all my apps on the homescreen and moved the appdrawer from the dock onto a page(in case its needed) and i changed the market settings to auto add shortcuts... i went on xda and downloaded a few icon packs that i like and i change the icons individually..

it takes some time and patience to get it all perfect.. but i like the fact that i can set any icon to any app.. i get too picky with themes because of the few icons that are missing or dont fit my taste..

theres also ilauncher on the market.. it works perfect with the spectrum.. but no widget support

sosaudio1 likes this.
  13. sosaudio1

sosaudio1 Android Enthusiast

AWESOME!!!

One of the things that I liked about the way that MIUI system worked was that it had a place to go to to look for updates for the MIUI system. This would be great so that we could get a repository set up so that....for example....if there was an updated broken out rom, we could hit update...system does a comparison.....tells you there is an update available, update OTA or download then see if we can do an adb update that send the phone to recovery mode to update then reboot and set.

Could we do this? Maybe incorporate it into the pull down menu? Maybe an app on the desktop?

Rich

LG Spectrum Forum

The LG Spectrum release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 1830mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews