• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MMS not working on Samsung S10e

My wife and I each have a Samsung S10e, though they were purchased a few weeks apart. Mine receives photos and large messages just fine. Hers does not.

I've tried both the default Samsung messages app that comes with the phone and Google's messages app downloaded from GooglePlay. The Google app shows a progress circle going endlessly round and round. The Samsung app actually shows the message size and identifies it as MMS, but never displays it.

I have compared every setting I could find that might apply and all are the same.

Any idea what might be wrong?

Thanks.

The usual cause of these problems is the APN settings (Access Point Names - should be in your mobile data settings). These are carrier-specific, and some carriers use separates APNs for MMS and mobile data (meaning that one can work fine and the other not).

Apologies is this is something you've already checked: whether "compared every setting that might apply" includes any particular setting depends on whether you know which settings do apply, which of course I cannot know. ;)

Reactions: MrJavi
Upvote 0
Every setting I could find that might apply. I didn't find this one. :)

And they are different! The one with working MMS is set to "T-Mobile US LTE" and the one that is not working is set to "Ting Data". (We get our service through Ting.com which is a T-Mobile reseller or some such arrangement.) But I don't know if I can just add the T-Mobile APN and copy its settings or if there is more to it than that.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones