• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mobile Data Keep Alive App

eznoh

Feb 28, 2013
I have a couple of Samsung Galaxy S9s with an annoying problem. Mobile data will often not work until I toggle airplane mode. Supposedly this causes the phone to find the strongest signal. I checked with Samsung and they suggested many things to try none of which worked. I'm wondering if an app exists which runs in the background and periodically checks if mobile data is active and if not connects

I have a couple of Samsung Galaxy S9s with an annoying problem. Mobile data will often not work until I toggle airplane mode. Supposedly this causes the phone to find the strongest signal. I checked with Samsung and they suggested many things to try none of which worked. I'm wondering if an app exists which runs in the background and periodically checks if mobile data is active and if not connects
Head over to your system settings and check underneath battery :)

Upvote 0
Ok, here is what I see
Screenshot_20220310-155007_Device care.jpg
Screenshot_20220310-155007_Device care.jpg

Reactions: Milo Williamson
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones