• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mobile Internet can't turn on

Android Version: 2.2

Network: Simyo (Germany)

Taskiller Used?: NO

[Optional]Are You rooted & which Rom: NO

Issue:

This problem happened just about 1 hour ago. I clicked my Mobile Internet widget to turn it off. Now when I click it again to turn it back on, there is no internet. Not even an H, 3G, E in the notification area. When I look at the settings, the Mobile Network is checked off and it sometimes says "Use phone for data connection when WIFI is unavailable" or "Connection Failed" or stuck at "Turning on..." yet there is no indication that the wireless radio is actually on.

I don't know if this is an issue but my data plan refreshes on the 27th of each month. Today is the 26th. I've already paid and I know it because yesterday my balance jumped by 10 Euros and today it went down by 10.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

On HTC stock roms, when you turn on the mobile data from that menu, it gives you a reason why. i recommend removing the battery, then turning on mobile data and keep watching to see if it gives you an error. If you let the screen go to sleep, you may miss itm so look closely.

Thanks for the advice, I tried that but it didn't work but now it does and here's why:

I didn't know at the time that it was actually my cell phone service provide that was down. It hadn't occurred to me until I was on the train the next morning and we went slightly into Switzerland. Once I connected to a roaming service, the internet magically came back and ate up some of my credit.

And also, the stock rom menu doesn't give very helpful info. All it says is "Use phone for data connection when WIFI is unavailable" or "Connection Failed" or stuck at "Turning on..." or "Connected". It really doesn't assess the problem and inform the user that it's a problem on the service end and not the phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones