1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

General Mobile network GUI button

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by islandiver, Jul 13, 2010.

1. islandiver

islandiver Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Does anyone else have problems with this not working? I have a shortcut on my main screen to this and all of a sudden since yesterday I have to hit the network button like 10 times for it to turn on or off. I have to keep it off at work otherwise I won't have enough beattery life in it to get past 3 o'clock due to signal loss in my building.

Advertisement

2. Bswartz95

Bswartz95 Well-Known Member

I too have to toggle the 3g off at work to save battery. I just use the power button (hold it down). It seems much more reliable.

In fact, since using a different launcher, I don't even have the Sense shortcut available.

3. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Texas
    From my experience, it takes a moment or two before it actually toggles to "off". I found that if I'm impatient and press it too many times too quickly, I'm actually toggling it off and on, and eventually the widget/icon catches up. Not sure if this applies to your experience, just sharing.

**EDIT** I am using SwitchPro Widget; however. Pretty cool, and customizable.

http://www.androlib.com/android.application.alei-switchpro-CFBF.aspx

4. pkopalek

pkopalek Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Computer Technician / Systems Implementation Manag
    Buffalo, NY
    Turning it off definitely sometimes sticks when I have super poor reception.

It's one of those things.

5. islandiver

islandiver Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Maybe it's my reception, but I really don't think so. Using the power button doesn't really make a difference either. I can shut it off that way but the network button will still show green. I'll try a reset and see if anything changes.

6. LED

LED Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2010
    Rochester, NY
    Try removing the widget and re-adding it. I had it act strangely a while ago, and that fixed it. The widget became out of sync with the actual setting.