• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Mod Request]

Reactions: ad720
Upvote 0
Thanks Colchiro, I had that before. I guess I've gotten used to the embedded one.

I tried doing the embedded one earlier today and it didn't work out right.....instead of popping up the menu when holding the power button down, the phone would reboot.....lol

It's similar to the way it was done in froyo, but I think the code to add the reboot option has to be a little different and added at a different location in the code.

Reactions: Steven58
Upvote 0
Yeah, it requires an experienced coder that knows the ins and outs of android.

not to go too far off topic, but I decompiled the framework from GB and apex, I should be able to use the XML from apex in GB to get 10% battery displayed right? I dont see a reason to have to decompile>edit>recompile the GB framework if I can just use the same XML file for the battery from apex

Upvote 0
not to go too far off topic, but I decompiled the framework from GB and apex, I should be able to use the XML from apex in GB to get 10% battery displayed right? I dont see a reason to have to decompile>edit>recompile the GB framework if I can just use the same XML file for the battery from apex

Yeah, it should work.

Reactions: ECFfighter7232
Upvote 0

ECF a 10% battery display would be great, maybe a circle battery? I have tried several battery icons from Droid Pirate but they will not work on GB.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones