• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Monthly 4g plans??

Yes. There is no catch. Any 3G or 4G phone can be used on any 4G monthly plan. I love it because there are no extra fees tacked on when you make your payment. Make sure you see how much 4G you actually get because after you use up your monthly allowance you get throttled down to 2G speeds. I have the $60/mo plan which had unlimited talk and text and 2GB of data. I don't even hit 1GB of data each month lol. Still no extra fees.

Upvote 0
So what's the procedure? Can I walk into t-mobile store and buy the galaxy s 2 full retail, then just sign up online for the $30/month 4g monthly plan? T-mobile doesn't care if you use that phone on a prepaid service? Verizon requires $30 data plan plus 49.99/month for prepaid/smartphone service.

Also, how good is t-mobile service in the LI, NY area and the rest of the country on general?

Thank you

Upvote 0
So what's the procedure? Can I walk into t-mobile store and buy the galaxy s 2 full retail, then just sign up online for the $30/month 4g monthly plan? T-mobile doesn't care if you use that phone on a prepaid service? Verizon requires $30 data plan plus 49.99/month for prepaid/smartphone service.
Also, how good is t-mobile service in the LI, NY area and the rest of the country on general?

I have the $70 prepaid plan which gets me unlimited everything, although after 5G of data I am throttled to 2G (Edge). I never use more than 1-2 GB anyway, so that doesn't matter. There are other less expensive prepaid plans with less data.

I moved to T-Mobile from AT&T last summer. I signed up for the $70 a month plan, but did not buy a phone. The T-Mobile store gave me a SIM card which I could use with my ancient (unlocked) AT&T phone. That got me service while I shopped for a better phone. I found a MyTouch 3G on the local Craigslist for $80, in perfect condition. All I did was take the SIM card out of my ancient AT&T phone and put it in the MyTouch, et voil

Reactions: Crashdamage
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones