• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root more adb questions

scotty85

Extreme Android User
Jul 25, 2010
so i used this video to help me get sdk installed. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6K1XLmafPc

everything works fine,but following the advice given at the end,i moved everything in "platform tools" to the "tools" directly.

its fine,it works,but there is just a crap ton of stuff in there and its a little confusing if i want to go in and delete the files i added for a particular project(for example,there were several files i needed for the TB root that i dint want to hang out in there afterward).

wondering if i could move a bunch of things that ill prolly never use back into platform tools to clean it up some? if so what do i need to keep in the tools directory?

any other tips or coments or personal preferences are more than welcome :)

thanks eu1. so i could i make a folder and call it "flashables"(or something to that affect) and drop whatever files i need to into that?

when i start up,i simply change directories to that folder by:
cd c:\android-sdk-windows\flashables instead of cd c:\android-sdk-windows\tools ?

Upvote 0
thanks eu1. so i could i make a folder and call it "flashables"(or something to that affect) and drop whatever files i need to into that?

when i start up,i simply change directories to that folder by:
cd c:\android-sdk-windows\flashables instead of cd c:\android-sdk-windows\tools ?

Sure.

Doesn't even need to be in a common sub-folder; so for instance,

C:\mystuff\phones\Eris\flashables

That's the whole point of using PATH - so that programs you frequently use can be invoked from any directory using the short name (rather than typing out the full pathname) of the executable program.

eu1

Reactions: scotty85
Upvote 0
Sure.

Doesn't even need to be in a common sub-folder; so for instance,

C:\mystuff\phones\Eris\flashables

That's the whole point of using PATH - so that programs you frequently use can be invoked from any directory using the short name (rather than typing out the full pathname) of the executable program.

eu1

oooh! thats awsome :D that makes it a bunch easier. i need some new adb projects,now,lol.

as always thanks for everyones assistance :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones