1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

More expensive games for Tegra devices

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by lsutigers03, Mar 3, 2011.

1. lsutigers03

lsutigers03 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 4, 2010
    I was looking through the Market and I noticed that Fruit Ninja is about $1.21 but Fruit Ninja for Tegra devices is about $3.03. The only difference is one is for Tegra devices and one is for all other devices. Is making the game compatible for Tegra devices so much work that it justifies nearly a $2 increase in price?

Advertisement

2. JediJesus

JediJesus Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 4, 2009
    It's usually just updated graphics. As for FN it also adds a multiplayer mode.

3. azrhei

azrhei Member
    None

Aug 29, 2010
    Houston, TX

As tech in phones keeps getting more high-end and on par with consoles and PCs in terms of gaming performance, don't be surprised to see prices on the games side of things go up as well. As for this game specifically - who knows. I give it maybe two years before we see $20+ games on "phones" (which are really ultra portable computers).

4. hahaha what

hahaha what Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 12, 2010
    yes because since there isnt a huge tegra market they can justify those prices. you either buy those or dont buy tegra games i guess is their strat

5. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member
    None

It's the same thing with games for the iPhones/Touches and the iPads. Most games for the phones/touches are cheaper than the ones for the iPad. And given a lot of whining I've seen on gaming forums about the price differences, it's probably one reason gaming isn't as big on the iPad as it could be.

As an aside the multiplayer was added as a free update for iDevices, but I'd imagine it costs some money for them.

6. Vanquished

Vanquished Android Expert
    None

Nov 2, 2010
    Male
    Student
    USA
    Has anyone with a Tegra device played any Gameloft titles? I'm curious if they a), even work b), how well they run and c) if any of them have improved graphics.

7. StreakTheQuad

StreakTheQuad Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 7, 2010
    I cant even connect to their website on my xoom. The browser gives me an error for too many redirects to the wapstore. It may be because i dont have vzw mobile service, but i was able to download games to a galaxy tab over wifi without sprint service.

I emailed customer service and they said my device isnt supported yet. Since they are partnering up with qualcomm/snapdragon, i wont hold my breath...

8. Rural

Rural Well-Known Member
    None

Oct 12, 2010
    Any idea if these games will run on other dual core devices?