• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Morelocale 2

westbros

Android Enthusiast
Aug 8, 2010
You may have seen on the HTC Desire forum that I am about to buy a Desire but am trying to work out how to set my phone language as Norwegian/Swedish. The only language settings available on the unlocked phone from CPW are English, French, Spanish and Italian. I have trawled through the internet and come across an app called Morelocale 2, and this seems to have support for Norwegian and Swedish. It looks like this may be the solution to my problem, but before I dive in I would like to check exactly what this app does.

• Does this app actually change your phone language? (Please don't confuse this with the keyboard language, as I already have a solution for this.)
  • How does it do this when the app is only about 65 kB in size? Are all the languages already contained in the phone software, but somehow need to be unlocked?
  • To change the language setting you have to change the phone's locale. What other effects does changing the locale have on the phone? In other words, what other changes are made to the phone when you change the locale?
  • Any known issues with this app, specifically with use on the Desire, and probably on Android 2.2?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones