• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Most Favored LG Esteem ROM?

Best LG Esteem ROM

• GingerSteem Extreme II

Votes: 7 14.0%
  • Number Two (#2) v1.5 T4

Votes: 16 32.0%
  • Broken Out Esteem 1.1 w/ Blitzkrieg Kernel

Votes: 27 54.0%

• Total voters
I use Broken Out with my own minor changes made through the kitchen. I have tried them all with the most recent being number 2 but find Broken Out is my favorite.

All the ROMS are GREAT for our phones and it comes down to personal preference. We have the best devs on the net here and their hard work is appreciated by me and everyone else.

Reactions: travioso
Upvote 0
My personal preference at the moment is #2 because I like the battery life and don't OC.. But in all honesty I've never seen a bad ROM come from this community.. And now for a brief comedic break.. Tapatalk apparently likes playfulgoo vs playfulgod lmfao..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1341014717579.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1341014717579.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 0
I kinda like mine ;)

I have finally flashed them all well except GSE, I think black plauge was basically the last GSE its just everyone wanted PG to make an awesome name for it and that what he came up with, and themed them all....I havent really played with different rom/kernel combos but I think I have used black plauge w/plauge kernel the most. Im on #2 and Im liking it, it has a smooth interface. Broken Out is the most lightweight one I think. BP was imo the most themer friendly one. As said many times by people they are all great. Also I didnt read through all the posts here but Im sure people have said it. Every Esteem is different and will likely react differently to different ROMs and kernals. So its really finding the one you like the best/works best on YOUR phone. :)

Upvote 0
I moved my Esteem from ZVB to ZVD and everything looked nice. Rooted and make the move to Plauged, because I was always very pleased with the ROMs that Playful God was putting out.

Since the move, I have have had nothing but issue. When I finally put back my data, my phone was crawling, and I was getting FC on many apps including ADW EX. I tried to go into recovery from the power button/vol - key, and the phone would power off, and then try to do a regular boot.

Finally, when I did get back to recovery, I did a fresh install of plagued again, and tried to reboot. I ended up in recovery!!!! I thought that maybe I was just having some issue with plagued, so I moved to black plague, and still I can't get the phone to boot. Each time, it goes back to recovery.

Any pointers, because I can't live without my phone!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones