• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto Droid or HTC Eris

I've looked at both of em, and I know I'm getting the droid. It may be more expensive, but atleast in my opinion I like how the Droid is more orientated towards "techy" people, and isnt so "dumbed" down as the Eris in it's menus. Again, IMO, its like Window's Vista, its almost too user friendly to the point where it seems to compromise the phone's general functionality. Also, keep in mind it is an Android 1.5 phone, so you have a pretty low quality OS to deal with compared to 2.0.

Hope it helps! Just my opinion...

EDIT!: My apologies, I was thinking of the HTC HD2, not the Eris, I have thusly edited my above post to for the Eris.

Upvote 0
The Eris has the HTC Sense ui and pinch zoom.
The Droid has a screen with 2x resolution, a much faster cpu and gpu, hardware keyboard, Android 2.0 with gps nav (Eris will get this in 3-f moths). The droid is much more future proof, but if you can't live without pinch zoom for a month until itis hacked onto the Droid, go with the Eris

Upvote 0
I've looked at both of em, and I know I'm getting the droid. It may be more expensive, but atleast in my opinion I like how the Droid is more orientated towards "techy" people, and isnt so "dumbed" down as the Eris in it's menus. Again, IMO, its like Window's Vista, its almost too user friendly to the point where it seems to compromise the phone's general functionality. Also, keep in mind it is a Windows Mobile phone, NOT an android phone, so you have a pretty low quality OS to deal with compared to Android 2.0. Seems like a re-release of the imagio on the most part for me.

Hope it helps! Just my opinion...

:thinking:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones