• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Moto Droid POP3 Email problem.

I found a problem with opening web links from an email on the Droid POP3 Email App. GMail works fine but on POP3 Email App, many web links can't open from an email. The browser opens, the progress bar stops pretty much at the beginning, and there is a message "Unknown". This is one such link: <http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/tu/5NoqULAzr.html> I've been through all levels of Motorola and Verizon Tech support with no answers. I just now discovered this to be caused from the URL changing somehow in the Droid POP3 Email App. The > sign at the end of the URL is being included as Hypertext! When I forward the email with the changed URL from the Droid to my Desktop, it is back to normal. Is there any way that a fix could be added to one of the next OS upgrades? I've included the link to sign up for the email alerts that show the problem (if anyone wanted to test it on their Droid) ThePittsburghChannel.com - E-Mail News
Thanks for any help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones