• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto G Play not responding

Apparently what happened was he borrowed my phone and that's how his material got on there. That doesn't fix his, though. I'm not sure this a googoo problem. His Moto G Play is very difficult to "move". It keeps vibrating (intermittently) and some parts of the screen are being outlined in bright green boxes. I cannot make the screen move up, and it's very hard to get past the "front page". I have shut it down and rebooted, with the same result. It keeps going to other things than what I try to touch. Settings are almost impossible to use. Does it need surgery? I took a screenshot from his phone, one which I hope would show part of the problem, but I don't know how to/if I can upload it to you. If I could somehow make Photos upload from his phone, I could probably select the shot from mine.

Upvote 0
I don't know how to do that with what can be reached. I did find, on reddit, of all things, a post by someone who thought the phone was bricked but it turned out it was some kind of talkback accessibility accidentally switched on by the simultaneous pressing of the up and down volume buttons. The Play seems to have only one such control. Then I investigated settings, with limited availability, and found that, but when I finally managed to switch it off, it made no obvious difference. Yes, I rebooted after that, seemingly to no effect.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones