• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

moto G power blurry pics

paulmars

Lurker
Sep 3, 2022
Camera takes blurry pics. Especially when enlarged. Contrast is also lacking. My old ZTE Z719DL took much better pics. I thought with time Id adapt and get better taking pics with the moto G, but it's not happening. I have decades of camera experience with 35mm cameras. Why are the pics blurry. Also the contrast is less.

Maybe there is something that Im doing wrong. I did notice if I make a concerted effort to hold it extra steady with two hands and brace my arms against a solid object, the pics are less blurry, but they are still a little blurry and once enlarged even 3 or 4x they are awful. Blurry with flash too.

There are other issues too, so maybe entire phones needs a reset...but I just bought it two months ago.

ideas?

thanks,
paul

Camera takes blurry pics. Especially when enlarged. Contrast is also lacking. My old ZTE Z719DL took much better pics. I thought with time Id adapt and get better taking pics with the moto G, but it's not happening. I have decades of camera experience with 35mm cameras. Why are the pics blurry. Also the contrast is less.

Those are all subjective and opinionated statements. There's usually some leeway involved in how good or bad some photos appear from one person to another. We all see things a bit differently. Some of us just care about saving memories of particular events or situations, some of us pay a lot of attention to details like cropping, lighting, and aperture for a balance of foreground and background focus. So please post some actual test photos that will show what you're trying to convey.
Also, are you using the default, automatic, point-and-shoot option in your Camera app, or have you set the app to use manual settings so you control how each photo is taken?

Upvote 0
Always tap the screen where you desire the main focus point to be.

This will, with most camera apps, actually override any auto-focus (crap) and give much better results.

Yes, a steady hand is mandatory- these things are very unforgiving.
They are phones, not cameras, after all.

I too have a Motorola (among many other devices) and the camera was quite an effort at first, and sometimes still is disappointing.
Also in my collection are a few ZTE devices, so I know what you are talking about.

Anyway, the camera app that I use on all of my devices (past and present) is Simpke Camera.

It can be a &*+@# to set up, due to the fact that the app can support things (resolution, size, etc.) that my devices cannot, but once it is going it works good.

Unfortunately, sometimes pics do get upside down.
This is easily fixed with Simple Gallery Pro, which is an excellent gallery app made by the same developer.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.simplemobiletools.camera/

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.simplemobiletools.gallery.pro/

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones