• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Moto X Pure Edition Looks Impressive

zombdroid

Android Enthusiast
Oct 29, 2009
Raccoon City
Really, what is not to like about this phone. This phone is packed full of great features. A fingerprint reader is the only thing I wish it had. Let's not forget the price and the MicroSD slot!

Great move making this phone non carrier specific. I can't wait to get rid of my Verizon branded phone that I ported to Cricket.

I am a tad stunned the device is not getting more attention:

1. Moto XP 32GB and 64GB are over $250 and $300 less than the Note 5
2. Zero carrier bloat
3. Zero Samsung bloat (the worst for bloat)
4. Straight Android with no custom UI
5. Front stereo speakers
6. No glass crack magnet design like Note 5
7. Camera is reported to be at least as good as the Note 4 (very good camera)
8. Micro sd slot
9. Custom case options
10. Works on all radio bands (true world phone)

The BIG catch is battery life with a 5.7" 1440p LCD. It will be a shame to have all the good negated by Motorola's decision to have a fixed 3000mah battery. Note 5 has that size too, but a very efficient AMOLED display.

Reactions: cybercruiser
Upvote 0
Hi Anthony and welcome! I showed it to my Darling Bride (who has an original 2013 Moto X) and she wants one too! So you're not the only one waiting to buy more than one. I had enough saved up for a Note 5... but I can just about buy two Pures for that. As soon as I can get it in my hot little hands, I'll be posting reviews :D

Reactions: whitehat and t12b25
Upvote 0
Hi Anthony and welcome! I showed it to my Darling Bride (who has an original 2013 Moto X) and she wants one too! So you're not the only one waiting to buy more than one. I had enough saved up for a Note 5... but I can just about buy two Pures for that. As soon as I can get it in my hot little hands, I'll be posting reviews :D
Thank you, I appreciate it. I'm on a zte zmax at the moment not bad, but it's not a Moto x haha. I will definitely be looking forward to your reviews. Hopefully android marshmallow will be great on the new Moto x too. Can't wait :D.
Anthony.

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0
Man if the moto x pure had a removable battery I'd be all over it. I'll have to wait and see what kind of battery case options become available. I'm also interested in how the gpu stacks up against the 420 in the note 4 (current phone.)

The software should run circles around the n4 though. I wouldn't miss the laggy scrolling and app switching on the note at all!

Upvote 0
Man if the moto x pure had a removable battery I'd be all over it. I'll have to wait and see what kind of battery case options become available. I'm also interested in how the gpu stacks up against the 420 in the note 4 (current phone.)

The software should run circles around the n4 though. I wouldn't miss the laggy scrolling and app switching on the note at all!
That makes me so excited! I have the Note 4 now. It's okay, but I have to factory wipe every 2 months to keep things working as it should. The most recent issue is the auto screen dim. It's not working! I know another factory wipe will fix it. Such a pain in the butt on a non rooted phone though.

Upvote 0
I am a tad stunned the device is not getting more attention:

1. Moto XP 32GB and 64GB are over $250 and $300 less than the Note 5
2. Zero carrier bloat
3. Zero Samsung bloat (the worst for bloat)
4. Straight Android with no custom UI
5. Front stereo speakers
6. No glass crack magnet design like Note 5
7. Camera is reported to be at least as good as the Note 4 (very good camera)
8. Micro sd slot
9. Custom case options
10. Works on all radio bands (true world phone)

The BIG catch is battery life with a 5.7" 1440p LCD. It will be a shame to have all the good negated by Motorola's decision to have a fixed 3000mah battery. Note 5 has that size too, but a very efficient AMOLED display.
Late to the party... I'm playing catch up reading all about this terrific smartphone.

And yet, I do think I can answer the question of why it's not getting more attention.

Let's see now, hmmm
Oh My...

By my standards I don't find a single thing wrong with this phone and that's most likely the problem. You know, it's the internet where masses of people moan and complain about everything. Even if they have to make up stories ...

Yes indeed this is one exciting model... WoooHooo!

Reactions: The_Chief
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones