• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motorola Turbo Charger for Quick Charge 2.0 & M8

Tlicious1020

Android Enthusiast
May 24, 2013
So Motorola has a quick charger that will charge a Motorola phone in 15 minutes. I'm debating whether to get one since our M8's support this quick charge feature. However, I heard this kills the battery over time and I'm not sure if HTC needs to send an update to use the quick charge 2.0 feature. I read it could possibly not be enabled. What should I do gentlemen? The charger will cost $35.

Just checked the old XDA forum. An individual has an AT&T M8. He purchased a charger that supports quick charge from Japan. Went from 24% to 46% in 10 minutes. To compare my phone was down to 8% so I plugged it into the charger. The phone went from 8% to 13% in 11 minutes.

I logged on and purchased the charger. Hell, I use a Motorola rapid charger in my car already. HTC should have had a charger out already, oh well. Time to debate... fights on!

Motorola Turbo Charger can give new Moto X and other devices 8 hours of battery life in 15 minutes | PhoneDog

Motorola Turbo Charger

Reactions: Nevis
The battery is designed to support this feature. While it may slightly impact battery performance over time, HTC would not have certified it as quickcharge-ready if the battery was not designed to handle it.

Newer phones, their batteries, and chargers are very advanced these days and they communicate to each other. They monitor their voltages, temps, charge rates, etc and adjust charging accordingly to insure the best performance possible, while maintaining safety and longevity of the battery.

Upvote 0
I think the phone charges at a rate of about 1.4% to 1.5% a minute on the turbo charger. I plugged it in today at 5% and I was at 77% in 48 minutes. The charger seems to charge fast then slow down a bit in my opinion. Probably better for the battery that way.

I have an HTC One M7 and an M8 and I only keep my phones for 2 years so I will probably never find out if it hurts the battery or not. Since I got my M7 in 2013, I can upgrade next year when the M9 is released. Then I switch my number on my M8 over to my new phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones