• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root motorola widgets/dx rom?

yufice

Apr 13, 2010
Long Island
My brother got the droid x and I opted to stay with the droid. The rom is interesting with some neat tweaks, but more interesting are the motorola widgets that are on the phone. Is there a way to port the droid x stock rom and/or theme to the regular droid? That'd be cool, but what I really want to know is where to dl the standalone motorola widgets for my droid, those things are really cool

OK I heard that The X wasn't actually running motoblur, just sort of a blur "skin" if you will.

If thats is the case, then I don't see any reason why they widgets can't just be pulled and used elsewhere, like the LG socialite app.

But yeah if the X features full blown Blur then I would imagine the widgets are the same as HTC's and heavily dependent on the framework itself

Upvote 0
Warning - complete threadjack ahead!

I just saw this this morning on Android Atlas (Cnet); was hoping it could get ported to the Droid:
Samsung Road SMS; pretty sweet. It turns on the camera while you text so you can see the ground and not trip on anything.
Walk Safely With The Samsung Road SMS App : AndroidSPIN | Your No.1 source for Everything Android.

More on topic; I've really been digging the X theme and would love to see the widgets as well. Definitely like the idea of custom sizing them as well.

Edit, looks like there's really no "porting" or this app. The upload on the EVO forum seems to work fine on my droid (with limited experience). Give it a shot if your interested.
http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/125370-samsung-road-sms-download.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones