• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Motorola XT912 - Use tasker to turn HDMI output on / off?

Corvette

Nov 23, 2010
Anybody know whether it's possible to toggle the dedicated HDMI output on a Motorola Razr? I'm using it with a Pioneer AppRadio / ARLiberator. I keep the phone in the car in a dock, and do not take it with me when I leave the vehicle. Half the time when I start the car, the receiver doesn't detect the HDMI and I have to remove the device from the dock and put it back in for it to work. I'd like to program Tasker to automatically turn HDMI off, then back on once Bluetooth is connected, so that I don't have to do that.

Thanks!

should be able to script it to turn HDMI off when bluetooth is detached and back on when it is re-attached. maybe throw a delay in there in case the car toggles bluetooth or it doesn't see it right away or something.

maybe instead of toggling the HDMI directly, try swapping out of and back into docking mode?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones