• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

motorolla media link, droid, and iTunes playlists

ellieko

Lurker
Apr 20, 2011
I have been using motorolla media link without any problems until recently. I have made several new playlists in iTunes and have included them in the sync settings in MML. After syncing I can see those playlists within MML listed as on my phone, but when I look at the playlists on my phone they do not appear. All of the songs are on the phone, but not the playlists. I have restarted the phone, as well as uninstalled and reinstalled the program on my computer. I have also cleaned everything off the phone and tried re-synching my entire library but still no new playlists. I use the default music player.

Hi Ellieko,

Obviously we wish you were using iSyncr to sync with iTunes, but you might try the following from the iSyncr FAQ.

I have problems with my playlists, what should I do?
Your phone has an internal cache where it stores this information. Sometimes this cache gets out of sync. You can delete this cache by looking for an application called "Media Store" (or similar) in "Settings->Applications->Manage Applications". You may have to press the menu button and change the filter to show all applications. Once you find "Media Store", open its options page and select "Clear Data". Then reboot the phone to force the cache to be rebuilt.

Cheers!

Justin

Reactions: Krepotkin
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones