• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Movies? Videorecordings? Talkies?

thetouchablegod

I have two Droids (X and Ally) in the family and have successfully transfered DVDs to either phone and run the native video player that comes with the phone OS (no additional players).

I'm using DVDCloneMobile (by Slysoft.com) with Zume settings. Works like a champ. Movies are in .MP4 format (native for Android). Two hour movie takes almost 1 Gig on SD card. Launched from Gallery.

Good Luck...!

Reactions: thetouchablegod
Upvote 0
thetouchablegod

I have two Droids (X and Ally) in the family and have successfully transfered DVDs to either phone and run the native video player that comes with the phone OS (no additional players).

I'm using DVDCloneMobile (by Slysoft.com) with Zume settings. Works like a champ. Movies are in .MP4 format (native for Android). Two hour movie takes almost 1 Gig on SD card. Launched from Gallery.

Good Luck...!

Thanks, that helps a lot for my dvds. I can finally watch Clerks on my phone. Any idea of the exact specifications? I am trying to get some home movies on my phone too. I can't seem to load files into DVDclone mobile without a VIDEO_TS file.

Upvote 0
GSB,

When converting your dvd to .mp4, are there any special settings I need to use to get it to work on the Ally. I tried converting a DVD movie to .mp4 using 123CopyGold and it wouldn't play on the Ally. Not knowing much about formats and such, i'm figuring I needed to set some settings a special way for it to work, but I have no idea what formats to use.

Thanks....

Upvote 0
thetouchablegod - For NON-DVDs (.MOV, .WMV, .AVI, etc.), I use http://www.pavtube.com/ they have a myrid of conversion programs THAT WORK!

flyinjoe13 - I have discovered that within .mp4 there are underlying formats (i.e. HD and SD). From originating SD DVD (MPEG2 NTSC 720x480), you should be able to convert to .mp4. From origination HD Bluray (H.264 1080), it's a little more tricky and will likely require specialized conversion software like something from http://www.pavtube.com/. If 123CopyGold has a Microsoft Zune output format, try that first. I have also gotten some (not all) .WMV formats to play natively on Android as well.

Reactions: flyinjoe13
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones