• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Moving dalvik cache back to phone redux

If you just want dalvik back on the phone but to keep apps on the sd, reflashing the Rom would replace the script that moves dalvik with one that does not. When you then wipe dalvik cache it should rebuild on data.

To remove everything from sd ext, you would have to full titanium backup, remove system/etc/init.d/10apps2sd completely, wipe data, full titanium restore

Upvote 0
If you just want dalvik back on the phone but to keep apps on the sd, reflashing the Rom would replace the script that moves dalvik with one that does not. When you then wipe dalvik cache it should rebuild on data.

To remove everything from sd ext, you would have to full titanium backup, remove system/etc/init.d/10apps2sd completely, wipe data, full titanium restore

thanks for this guys I now have dalvik back on phone:)

Upvote 0
To remove everything from sd ext

will it move both app and dalvik cache??
if so dont we need to wipe dalvik cache also?

i flashed my htc desire with ics 4.0.4 (beta 0.6.1.1) rom yest and partitioned sd card with ext4 partition of 768 MB
i have installed a2sd script and moved dalvik cache to ext4.
So if i want to change to another rom do i need not move dalvik cache back rt?
Can i jst wipe data and cache to install another rom as normal procedure?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones