• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help moving data from "people" to "contact" app?

ralbertina

Nov 27, 2010
I have an Droid Inc that was running Froyo before rooting and installing the cyanogenmod 7 ROM. Before rooting I did a backu using Titanium backup. Does anyone know the backed up filename for the "People" data file? I would like to copy it to another Droid Inc I have that is running Froyo 2.1, restore the "people" data file then load my contacts into gmail for use across phones.

On my vanilla handsets (no Sense ROMs unfortunately) it's "com.android.providers.contacts-*.*". If you can find a file amongst the backups with either "ContactsProvider" or "provider.contacts" in the name there's a good chance that's the one you want.

I'm afraid I can't be any more precise than that without an installed HTC ROM to reference, but hopefully somebody more knowledgable can give better advice.

Upvote 0
Nandroid back to a Froyo rom or load one fresh if you don't have a nand backup, then use Titanium to restore the People app. Convert all contacts to "Google" contacts if they aren't already, then you can load any Rom...AOSP, Eclair, Froyo, whatever and have all your contacts sync back via Google and forget about the whole People vs. Contacts problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones